The average salary for an Entry-Level Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is $30,876.
Is Flight Attendant your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$22k - $36k
$18k - $44k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Flight Attendant
Flight attendants help assure the comfort and safety of airplane passengers. They provide food and beverage service on many flights. They also instruct passengers about safety measures before and during flight operations. Flight attendants act as customer service contacts with travelers, answering questions about rewards programs and handling complaints. Finally, the attendants serve an important security role by observing passenger behavior and reporting and handling any problems they encounter…Read more
Flight Attendant Tasks
- Greet fliers, accept tickets, assist with luggage, and direct passengers to their seats.
- Keep the passenger area hygienic and in keeping with appearance standards.
- Make announcements, answer questions, and resolve emergent problems.
- Serve and/or sell meals, beverages and in-flight entertainment.
- Provide safety overviews to all passengers, particularly the exit rows.
Flight Attendant Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Flight Attendant in their job title in Los Angeles, California earn an average of 30.6% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Dallas, Texas (27.5% more) and New York, New York (25.4% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Chicago, Illinois (6.2% less) and Orlando, Florida (2.8% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 7 survey responses.