Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Food Safety Coordinator is $55,000
What Do Food Safety Coordinators Do?
A food safety coordinator job is responsible for ensuring that the company they are working for are following health and safety guidelines relevant to the food industry. They assist the manager in making sure that the organization is on track to be an incident-free workplace. Aside from working under the manager, the coordinator is also responsible for completing forms related to injury and illness prevention. They will also look at corrective actions. The coordinator will have the …Read more
- Maintain safety training documentation including safety training, staff meetings, and safety audits.
- Respond to consumer and customer complaints.
- Educate supervisors and managers on corporate safety programs.
- Aid supervisors and complete all forms relating to injury and illness prevention, accident investigation, corrective action, and departmental maintenance of the MSDS and chemical list.
- Assist safety committee meetings, activities, and maintain meeting minutes.