Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Fuel Tanker Driver is $21.39
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Fuel Tanker Drivers?
An entry-level Fuel Tanker Driver with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.58 based on 43 salaries. An early career Fuel Tanker Driver with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.49 based on 375 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Fuel Tanker Drivers Do?
Fuel tanker drivers work on the road, transporting fuel from the designated pick-up point to the customers' locations. A driver may work for a single company or as an independent contractor working directly with customers. Fuel tanker drivers must be able to load and unload fuel tankers, follow strict safety guidelines, properly label materials, and keep track of other paperwork and records. Experience with valves, pumps, wrenches, and other tools needed to load and unload the tanker are …Read more
- Following dispatcher instructions, and safely and efficiently deliver goods from one location to another.
- Maintain industry qualifications.
- Maintain truck, including hoses, spouts, tires, and engine.
- Clean any spills and inspect tanker to reduce chances of accidents.
- Unload and measure amount delivered at each location, and ensure proper safety precautions are taken.