Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) is $28,709
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Graduate Research Assistant (GRA)s?
An entry-level Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $29,389 based on 51 salaries. An early career Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Graduate Research Assistant (GRA)s Do?
Graduate research assistants (GRAs) are in charge of conducting research efforts at a graduate level, analyzing information, aggregating data, running calculations using spreadsheet software, and assisting professors, professionals, and other individuals in carrying out research and administrative tasks as needed.
Those in this position must be organized and pay close attention to detail to prepare extensive reports based on research results, and they must be proficient in computer and …Read more
- Collect, validate and analyze data.
- Maintain, calibrate, clean and update instruments and programs.
- Research and write papers, summaries, presentations and documentation.
- Create models, simulations and programs to analyze and disseminate data or findings.
- Plan and execute research activities.