Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an HVAC Controls Technician is $26.67
What is the Pay by Experience Level for HVAC Controls Technicians?
An entry-level HVAC Controls Technician with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $18.10 based on 16 salaries. An early career HVAC Controls Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $23.49 based on 192 …Read more
What Do HVAC Controls Technicians Do?
An HVAC controls technician is responsible for the installation, diagnostics, and repair of heating and air conditioning equipment. Their work can be indoors, sometimes working in small spaces, or it can be outdoors in any and all weather conditions, based on the type of installation. Most buildings require the installation of an HVAC system, so all environments from personal homes to industrial facilities are possible work locations. The environments can often be very dirty, and the work …Read more
- Troubleshoot, fix and update HVAC systems and associated controls.
- Download, update and verify software accuracy.
- Calibrate and test HVAC systems and controls, documenting findings.
- Work with clients to explain and rectify problems and to update equipment.
- Read, update and interpret plans, blueprints and other documentation.