The average salary for an Early-Career HVAC Mechanical Engineer in Denver, Colorado is $65,595.
Is HVAC Mechanical Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$63k - $87k
$0 - $4k
$66k - $87k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for HVAC Mechanical Engineer
HVAC mechanical engineers are involved in almost every phase of a project. They begin with customer consultations and preexisting condition assessments, then assisting with sales departments in choosing appropriate customer solutions. After that, they work with the design teams to create the custom concept and maintain contact with the installation teams for troubleshooting and system upkeep throughout the lifetime of the system. An HVAC mechanical engineer typically works during regular busines…Read more
HVAC Mechanical Engineer Tasks
- Design HVAC systems, including writing specifications.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and assess installations and designs to identify problems.
- Calculate heating and cooling needs and tolerances, designing controls, and maintenance protocols.
- Develop proposals, estimates, and schedules for HVAC systems and bids.
- Perform reviews to establish feasibility and quality of installation, space and maintenance needs.
HVAC Mechanical Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with HVAC Mechanical Engineer in their job title in Houston, Texas earn an average of 1.3% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in New York, New York (14.6% less), Boise, Idaho (10.3% less) and Portland, Oregon (7.0% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 10 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$28k - $55k
$51k - $97k
$48k - $111k
$57k - $109k
$50k - $98k
$33k - $68k
$38k - $78k
$41k - $102k
$52k - $97k