The average salary for an HVAC Mechanical Engineer at Jacobs Engineering Group Inc is $71,211.
Is HVAC Mechanical Engineer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$64k - $104k
$64k - $104k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for HVAC Mechanical Engineer
HVAC mechanical engineers are involved in almost every phase of a project. They begin with customer consultations and preexisting condition assessments, then assisting with sales departments in choosing appropriate customer solutions. After that, they work with the design teams to create the custom concept and maintain contact with the installation teams for troubleshooting and system upkeep throughout the lifetime of the system. An HVAC mechanical engineer typically works during regular busines…Read more
HVAC Mechanical Engineer Tasks
- Design HVAC systems, including writing specifications.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and assess installations and designs to identify problems.
- Calculate heating and cooling needs and tolerances, designing controls, and maintenance protocols.
- Develop proposals, estimates, and schedules for HVAC systems and bids.
- Perform reviews to establish feasibility and quality of installation, space and maintenance needs.
Popular Employer Salaries for HVAC Mechanical Engineer
Explore the most common career paths for HVAC Mechanical Engineer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
HVAC Mechanical Engineer
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
HVAC Mechanical Engineer Job Listings
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$28k - $55k
$51k - $96k
$48k - $111k
$57k - $109k
$50k - $97k
$32k - $67k
$37k - $77k
$41k - $102k
$52k - $96k