The average salary for a Head Nurse in New York, New York is $66,129.
Is Head Nurse your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $66k
$0 - $1k
$0 - $79k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Head Nurse
The head nurse is responsible for overseeing patients and other nursing staff within their unit over the course of their shift. Nurses in the unit report to the head nurse and consult them if there is a problem or general guidance is needed. Tasks performed by the head nurse include carrying out doctors' orders in terms of patient care, evaluating patients' needs and responses to treatments, discussing treatment options with patients and conducting other duties related to patient care. Additiona…Read more
Head Nurse Tasks
- Evaluate and assess nursing needs of the client.
- Observe signs and symptoms and report to the physician and/or other appropriate health professionals as often as needed, or upon changes in the client's condition.
- Initiate diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate to the client's care and safety.
- Attend client care conferences and initiate client care conferences for complex and/or multidisciplinary clients whenever needed.
- Coordinate the total plan of care and maintain continuity of client care by acting as a liaison with other health professionals assigned to the same clients.
Head Nurse Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Related Job Salaries
$43k - $89k
$19k - $42k
$30k - $72k
$33k - $70k
$31k - $59k
$52k - $103k
$57k - $89k
$32k - $67k
$39k - $78k
$46k - $96k