The average salary for a Health & Safety Consultant is $73,852.
Health & Safety Consultant by
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Health & Safety Consultants Do?
Health and safety consultants are employed primarily in retail work-spaces, construction zones, educational departments, government buildings, and many other locations where health and safety play key roles in keeping the environment positive and thriving. These consultants are primarily responsible for inspecting work environments to ensure that they comply with all city, state, and federal health and safety regulations, as well as designing and implementing programs that meet environmental gui…Read more
Health & Safety Consultant Tasks
- Assess, document, and make recommendations about health and safety for particular workplaces.
- Coordinate with laboratories, legal counsel, Department of Health, and other groups.
- Write policies and procedures to improve health and safety, training employees on any changes.
- Assess conditions and risks to determine root causes and suggest physical, behavioral or other changes.
- Schedule and conduct investigations and interviews to determine current state of health and safety.
Job Satisfaction for Health & Safety Consultant
Health & Safety Consultant Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Health & Safety Consultants?
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Health & Safety Consultants?
An early career Health & Safety Consultant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $59,056 based on 28 salaries. A mid-career Health & Safety Consultant with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $74,588 based on 8 salaries. An experienced Health & Safety Consultant with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $87,429 based on 19 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $100,000.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 64 survey responses.