Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Histologist is $27.22
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Histologists?
An entry-level Histologist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.65 based on 5 salaries. An early career Histologist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $22.41 based on 33 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Histologists Do?
A histologist is generally hired by laboratories, such as research labs, development labs, or labs within a healthcare organization. Generally, the histologist should at least have an associate's degree or have graduated from a histology training program. Some organizations may be looking for prospective employees with a bachelor's degree in biology or a related field of science. Many companies require that the histologist must be certified by the American Society for Clinical Pathology and …Read more
- Perform routine analysis of body fluids and tissue.
- Care for laboratory equipment.
- Comply with and enforce all safety and regulatory practices.
- Support the physicians by reporting accurate and relevant results.
- Identify and diagnose infection, disease, parasitic infestation, or compatibility of fluid and tissue samples.