The average salary for an Experienced Industrial Designer with SolidWorks skills in New York, New York is $78,500.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Industrial Designers Do?
Most of the time, industrial designers work in the manufacturing sector. They design products and develop concepts for products that are manufactured at factories, such as home appliances, furniture, automobiles, electronics, and toys. They use their artistic, business, and engineering talents to design various products for manufacturers.
Employers require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, engineering, or another relevant field. Commensurate work experience is …Read more
Industrial Designer Tasks
- Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children's toys.
- Create presentations and reports for new items.
- Responsible for material selection and recommendation, work through debugging issues with new items.
- Oversee projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables.
- Input on industrial design, aesthetic, interface and functional solutions for products.
Industrial Designer Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Industrial Designers?
Skills in Engineering Design, 3D Rendering and Adobe Illustrator are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Product Development and Design.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Industrial Designers?
An early career Industrial Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $54,674 based on 39 salaries. A mid-career Industrial Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $69,945 based on 15 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 54 survey responses.