The average salary for an Experienced Industrial Designer with Product Development skills in Los Angeles, California is $80,076.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Industrial Designers Do?
Most of the time, industrial designers work in the manufacturing sector. They design products and develop concepts for products that are manufactured at factories, such as home appliances, furniture, automobiles, electronics, and toys. They use their artistic, business, and engineering talents to design various products for manufacturers.
Employers require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, engineering, or another relevant field. Commensurate work experience is …Read more
Industrial Designer Tasks
- Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children's toys.
- Create presentations and reports for new items.
- Responsible for material selection and recommendation, work through debugging issues with new items.
- Oversee projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables.
- Input on industrial design, aesthetic, interface and functional solutions for products.
Industrial Designer Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Industrial Designers?
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Industrial Designers?
An early career Industrial Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $59,662 based on 19 salaries. A mid-career Industrial Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $73,469 based on 14 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $99,000.
Pay Difference by Location
Years of Experience
This data is based on 38 survey responses.
More Cities for Industrial Designer