Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Information Security Manager is $118,990
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Information Security Managers?
An early career Information Security Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $95,138 based on 92 salaries. A mid-career Information Security Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $116,501 based on 216 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Information Security Managers Do?
Information security managers are in charge of maintaining security protocols throughout their organizations. They are responsible for creating strategies to increase network and internet security related to different projects. They handle a team of IT professionals to ensure easy access to data while maintaining high standards in terms of confidentiality and general data security. They also often work to find and prevent issues related to software or hardware equipment used by different teams …Read more
- Create and execute policy and audit plans, and identify security risks and operation needs.
- Review configuration and updates to ensure software and infrastructure are protected.
- Lead security training and communicate policies.
- Assist in migrating information assets and environments into compliant, secure systems.
- Manage security testing platforms, including leading forensic investigations and mitigation procedures.