Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Information Security Officer is $92,959
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Information Security Officers?
An entry-level Information Security Officer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,967 based on 19 salaries. An early career Information Security Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $75,713 based on …Read more
What Do Information Security Officers Do?
Information security officers are primarily responsible for ensuring data security within their organization. They are in charge of implementing effective technology solutions that prevent internal and external malicious users from compromising data integrity. They install a variety of hardware devices such as routers that ensure data protection by requiring credentials before accessing sensitive data. Additionally, information security officers install software applications that filter network …Read more
- Implement and monitor information security requirements, policies, and compliance.
- Assist with regulatory and data transfer procedures.
- Document and communicate policies, queries, vulnerabilities, and current state of the system.
- Oversee training, policies, and practices, including audits, to ensure systems are securely operated.
- Identify risks by role, software, information type, and other categories and define acceptable and mitigation strategies.