Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Instructional Technologist is $57,688
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Instructional Technologists?
An entry-level Instructional Technologist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $43,285 based on 8 salaries. An early career Instructional Technologist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $51,840 based on 78 …Read more
What Do Instructional Technologists Do?
The job of an instructional technologist is vital to today’s educational systems, as they a valuable role in assisting teachers and school administrators to put technological learning tools into action in schools and classrooms. While their actions may not be as obvious as those of teachers, they play a large role in helping students gain a strong education.
Instructional technologists can be found in all levels of education, from kindergarten to high school and college, and they are generally …Read more
- Assist different types of learners such as advanced learners, learners with disabilities and English-as-Second-Language, using computer technology.
- Integrate computer technologies (hardware & software) into the curricula of various school grade levels from elementary school to college.
- Keep current on emerging technologies and make recommendations to the education organization.
- Develop and deliver face-to-face or online training programs to faculty and students.
- Identify technology training needs of faculty and students.