Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Intern Architect is $42,729
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Intern Architects?
An early career Intern Architect with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $44,593 based on 20 salaries. A mid-career Intern Architect with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $59,932 based on 7 salaries.
What Do Intern Architects Do?
Intern architects are recent college graduates who are preparing for their architecture license. They have just finished a university architecture program and are enrolled in an internship program in which they work under the guidance of one or more established architects. Often, a sponsor - an architect at another firm - guides the intern through the process. The sponsor and supervising architects work cooperatively to ensure that the intern is satisfying all requirements of the internship …Read more
- Assist project manager during the development of the site and building design.
- Assist the architecture department with special department or company projects.
- Render building images from the building information model at various quality levels.
- Assemble presentation packages and material boards for landlord and developer review.
- Execute square footage reports from the building information model for each store project.