Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Junior Accountant is $22.33
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Junior Accountants?
An early career Junior Accountant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $20.95 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Junior Accountant with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $23.34 based on 5 salaries.
What Do Junior Accountants Do?
Junior accountants provide a vital service to various companies by accurately recording corporate finances. Typical daily job duties include reconciling company bank accounts, balancing financial records and preparing monthly reports. They generally work with a team of other accountants and report to a senior accountant. The level of confidentiality and discretion required of junior accountants is great because they work with private company information and are given access to secure accounts. …Read more
- Maintain general ledger and oversee all day to day financial transactions.
- Assess data to ensure that proper accounting practices have been following.
- Assist with or conduct fixed asset audits as necessary.
- Create and maintain payroll budgets, update vendor information, and confirm expense vouchers.
- Match large batches of invoices and maintain the accuracy of employee timesheets.