Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Junior Accountant is $39,900
What Do Junior Accountants Do?
Junior accountants provide a vital service to various companies by accurately recording corporate finances. Typical daily job duties include reconciling company bank accounts, balancing financial records and preparing monthly reports. They generally work with a team of other accountants and report to a senior accountant. The level of confidentiality and discretion required of junior accountants is great because they work with private company information and are given access to secure accounts. …Read more
- Maintain general ledger and oversee all day to day financial transactions.
- Assess data to ensure that proper accounting practices have been following.
- Assist with or conduct fixed asset audits as necessary.
- Create and maintain payroll budgets, update vendor information, and confirm expense vouchers.
- Match large batches of invoices and maintain the accuracy of employee timesheets.
FAQs About Junior Accountants
What is the highest pay for Junior Accountants in Allentown?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Junior Accountant in Allentown is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Junior Accountants in Allentown?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Junior Accountant in Allentown is $NaN / year
How can Junior Accountants increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Junior Accountant is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Junior Accountant that oversees more junior Junior Accountants, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.