Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Lab Section Supervisor is $71,584
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Lab Section Supervisors?
An early career Lab Section Supervisor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $57,847 based on 14 salaries. A mid-career Lab Section Supervisor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $75,000 based on 14 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Lab Section Supervisors Do?
Lab section supervisors provide point-of-care services to meet customers' needs in accordance with standard practices, and also coordinate functions and activities and work with managers and directors on department budgets. They also investigate customer service actions and incident reports and report these issues to the appropriate department heads.
Lab section supervisors must provide in-service education for other staff members and contribute to staff development via attending meetings, and …Read more
- Hire, train, evaluate and establish documentation for laboratory staff.
- Communicate with regulatory bodies, partners, customers and suppliers.
- Enforce safety procedures and protocols, ensuring regulatory adherence.
- Write, edit and disseminate reports, manuals, guidelines and findings.
- Conduct and oversee research to meet schedules and goals.