Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Law Firm Partner is $188,859
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Law Firm Partners?
An early career Law Firm Partner with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $118,408 based on 18 salaries. A mid-career Law Firm Partner with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $149,108 based on 75 salaries. An experienced Law Firm …Read more
What Do Law Firm Partners Do?
A law firm partner is a joint owner of their firm and helps oversee its day-to-day operations. They directly supervise the firm’s legal and technical support teams, coordinate logistics for new cases, and manage budgets and vendor relationships. Other duties of a law firm partner include handling numerous cases simultaneously, interacting with lawyers within the firm to provide advice and guidance, managing payroll, and hiring clerks. These professionals also implement initiatives in the office …Read more
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.