Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Legal Nurse Consultant is $49.13
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Legal Nurse Consultants?
An entry-level Legal Nurse Consultant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $47.24 based on 22 salaries. An early career Legal Nurse Consultant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $48.25 based on 55 salaries. …Read more
What Do Legal Nurse Consultants Do?
The position of a legal nurse consultant is employed primarily by insurance companies. Most companies in this industry require applicants to be registered nurses (RNs) and prefer those who have several years of clinical experience; some companies may search specifically for RNs who have worked in other departments of the hospital, such as the emergency room. Some companies prefer applicants who have legal certificates or paralegal training. Nurses with previous experience in case management or …Read more
- Collect, organize, audit, and maintain records for legal purposes.
- Instruct people about standards of care, potential causality and risks.
- Prepare visualizations and graphs for trials.
- Create summaries, reports, and invoices to document recommendations and hours.
- Review, analyze, understand, and make recommendations about health records.