Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Lighting Designer is $58,681
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Lighting Designers?
An early career Lighting Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $56,982 based on 23 salaries. A mid-career Lighting Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $58,958 based on 12 salaries. An experienced Lighting …Read more
What Do Lighting Designers Do?
Lighting designers are responsible for the design and implementation of lighting in architectural and construction projects. They work closely with architects, engineers, and maintenance workers to assess the projects’ lighting requirements and design an appropriate plan; this involves research, consultation with other members of the construction team, and reviewing the space's specifications to produce lighting that meets clients' expectations and industry standards. Once a design is …Read more
- Make presentations and interact with customers/clients.
- Assist in the development of custom fixture designs and testing for new lighting applications.
- Translate interior designer/architect lighting concept into specification form.
- Perform computer generated calculations and illuminating renderings.
- Provide lighting specifications for interior/exterior/landscape lighting applications and create lighting schedules and all related design documentation as required.