Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Machine Builder is $19.50
What Do Machine Builders Do?
Machine builders are generally responsible for building and/or assembling machinery, typically in the manufacturing industry. They are also tasked with repairing these machines, and this work is labor-intensive and often requires working with fire or rough and heavy materials. Strict adherence to safety standards is also important.
Machine builders do the majority of their work on the factory floor, including utilizing blueprints created by experienced engineers who have designed the equipment …Read more
- Assemble mechanical devices including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Test, troubleshoot, and inspect assembled products for defects.
- Complete paperwork such as work orders, forms and checklists associated with assembly of device.
- Pull parts from inventory to assemble device.
- Read and interpret process documentation, drawings, prints, diagrams, and/or schematics.