The average hourly pay for a Machinist with Machine Programming, Manufacturing skills in Everett, Washington is $27.71.
Is Machinist your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$18 - $37
$36,898 - $81,863
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Job Description for Machinist
Machinists make parts and sometimes their own tools in order to build or create larger things. Machinists are often in a factory or manufacturing setting, but not always. Manufacturing experience is important. The Machinist must be capable of working with a variety of tools in sometimes inhospitable conditions. Tools of the trade may include hand tools, cutting tools, measuring tools and machine tools. Machinists must be capable of making their own tools and parts. They also need to be expe…Read more
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Operate various types of machine tools to perform progressive machining.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls as necessary.
Machinist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Machinist
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills that pay less than market rate include CAD/CAM, Blueprints, CNC/NC, Precision Machining and Machine Operation.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Grand Rapids, Michigan (34.0% less), Buffalo, New York (28.9% less) and Cincinnati, Ohio (23.8% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$16 - $42
$12 - $30
$13 - $26
$13 - $27
$17 - $42
$18 - $50
$16 - $38
$15 - $30