Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Manufacturing Engineer is $60,000
What Do Manufacturing Engineers Do?
A manufacturing engineer is an expert in industrial production, who is in charge of researching and developing methods to design, build, and ship various items. They determine the best way to use a piece of machinery and how the assembly line workers can maximize efficiency. In some cases, manufacturing engineers are in charge of determining what new machinery or polices are needed at a company. Manufacturing engineers work in organizations that produce a number of goods, including building …Read more
- Design arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Train lower-level Manufacturing Engineers.
- Adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Identify, organize, and lead teams to resolve production and product issues.
- Identify and implement cost savings and safety initiatives.