Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Materials Manager is $93,350
What Do Materials Managers Do?
The materials manager oversees the intake and distribution of all components and materials used by organizations. They are responsible for delegating tasks to subordinates and overseeing the completion of these tasks. The materials manager also maintains inventory levels to meet demand, as well as oversees purchasing and the shipping and receiving process. The materials manager must create and maintain relationships with suppliers. This incudes scheduling regular audits of the approved …Read more
- Manage supplier relationships, lead negotiations, and track quality, price, and delivery metrics.
- Modify processes and procedures for shipping, receiving, transport, and inventory control to reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Document and analyze all materials quality, movement, and use.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and turnover to allow production.
- Ensure that inventory is available and distributed across the organization to meet performance goals.
FAQs About Materials Managers
What is the highest pay for Materials Managers in San Francisco?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Materials Manager in San Francisco is $158k / year
What is the lowest pay for Materials Managers in San Francisco?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Materials Manager in San Francisco is $51k / year
How can Materials Managers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Materials Manager is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Materials Manager that oversees more junior Materials Managers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.