The average salary for a Materials Manager with Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) skills at Johnson Controls Inc is $98,274.
Is Materials Manager your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$85k - $111k
$0 - $6k
$88k - $115k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Materials Manager
The materials manager oversees the intake and distribution of all components and materials used by organizations. They are responsible for delegating tasks to subordinates and overseeing the completion of these tasks. The materials manager also maintains inventory levels to meet demand, as well as oversees purchasing and the shipping and receiving process. The materials manager must create and maintain relationships with suppliers. This incudes scheduling regular audits of the approved suppliers…Read more
Materials Manager Tasks
- Manage supplier relationships, lead negotiations, and track quality, price, and delivery metrics.
- Modify processes and procedures for shipping, receiving, transport, and inventory control to reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Document and analyze all materials quality, movement, and use.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and turnover to allow production.
- Ensure that inventory is available and distributed across the organization to meet performance goals.
Popular Employer Salaries for Materials Manager
The top respondents for the job title Materials Manager are from the companies Pentair, Raytheon Co. and Cummins, Inc.. Reported salaries are highest at Raytheon Co. where the average pay is $105,734. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Parker Hannifin Corp, earning around $102,000. Cummins, Inc. pays the lowest at around $85,000. Pentair also pays on the lower end of the scale, paying $90,885.
Materials Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Materials Manager
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$32k - $70k
$40k - $76k
$34k - $69k
$33k - $68k
$38k - $78k
$53k - $98k
$45k - $81k