Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Mechanical Estimator is $65,684
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Mechanical Estimators?
An entry-level Mechanical Estimator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $47,298 based on 9 salaries. An early career Mechanical Estimator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $54,153 based on 109 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Mechanical Estimators Do?
Mechanical estimators analyze a project before it starts, accurately estimating costs related to labor, materials, equipment, and other relevant areas. These professionals are hired in many service companies, ranging from HVAC/plumbing operations to construction to other applications. Daily operations include researching projects, developing reports on materials and crew requirements, and analyzing potential projects' bidding processes. This position also requires employees to build effective …Read more
- Function as a project estimator / discipline estimator in development of cost proposals.
- Review and comprehend technical and administrative documents such as Requests for Proposals(RFPs) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Determine list of material takeoffs to define quantities of work materials.
- Determine work crews and production rates for performance of required tasks.
- Break down scope of work into definable tasks (WBS development).