Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Medical Copy Editor / Proofreader is $70,000
What Do Medical Copy Editor / Proofreaders Do?
Medical copy editors/proofreaders are employed primarily by companies in the health care industry. Most companies are searching for applicants who have a Bachelor's degree in English or a life science-related field, though a Master's degree is often preferred. Companies also prefer experienced applicants who have worked as editors/proofreaders in another firm, such as advertising, pharmaceutical, etc. If one is applying as an English major, he/she should have experience working as an editor in …Read more
- Correct grammar and spelling.
- Check documents and other items for readability, style, and agreement with editorial policy.
- Check text to ensure copy is well written and logically structured.
- Check facts and ask questions to the author.
- Ensure that text agrees with the approved style.