Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Metrologist is $24.35
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Metrologists?
An early career Metrologist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $21.44 based on 63 salaries. A mid-career Metrologist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $24.30 based on 25 salaries. An experienced Metrologist with 10-19 …Read more
What Do Metrologists Do?
Science relies on the ability of scientists to make precise measurements, but just as one can use a calculator without a thorough understanding of how mathematics work, scientists are not generally tasked with having a thorough understanding of the underpinning principles of the instruments they use. The equipment a scientist uses requires precise voltages to work, for example, but the user need not understand electrical theory to use it as intended. Metrology is the branch of science which …Read more
- Develop, perform, evaluate and interpret analytic methods and tests.
- Select and order components, parts and tools.
- Own quality investigation and calibration documentation.
- Review and maintain equipment, preventing work stoppages.
- Service and calibrate equipment, verify results and troubleshoot problems.