Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Network/Data Communications Manager is $93,396
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Network/Data Communications Managers?
An early career Network/Data Communications Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $62,288 based on 13 salaries. A mid-career Network/Data Communications Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $80,959 based on 16 …Read more
What Do Network/Data Communications Managers Do?
Network/data communications managers are primarily responsible for maintaining data-transmission networks and supporting data processing systems for a company or client, as well as managing staff members who install, monitor, and analyze equipment and software and resolve any errors. These managers must map out transmissions and find ways to improve data-transfers and communication, as well as identify security threats, and they also study each network for cost-effectiveness. Using collected …Read more
- Implement upgrade schedules to ensure facilities have required capacity and to react to unforeseen demand.
- Plan and schedule equipment acquisition and installation.
- Conduct studies of services, equipment capacity, data rates, and estimated costs.
- Analyze data and forecast user demand to determine equipment required.
- Report to management the status of all events per the escalation procedures.