Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Network & Computer Systems Administrator / Systems Programmer is $69,017
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Network & Computer Systems Administrator / Systems Programmers?
An entry-level Network & Computer Systems Administrator / Systems Programmer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $53,829 based on 5 salaries. An early career Network & Computer Systems Administrator / Systems Programmer with 1-4 years of …Read more
What Do Network & Computer Systems Administrator / Systems Programmers Do?
Network and computer systems administrators/systems programmers are in charge of administrating, and managing network-related tasks across systems in their organization. They are responsible for maintaining excellent network transfer performance, as well as oversee and review networking protocols while developing new scripts to make networking devices work in more efficient ways. Network and computer systems administrators/systems programmers use their analytical skills to identify bottlenecks …Read more
- Establish and document standards and procedures.
- Monitor network and systems for performance, security, and other issues.
- Recommend, install, configure, maintain, and upgrade all computer and networking software and hardware for use in an office, department, or small company.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot file, email, and authentication servers, as well as Internet access and other networked services.
- Assist users with software, hardware, and connectivity issues.