The average salary for a Network Administrator, LAN / WAN with Network Support skills is $67,000.
Is Network Administrator, LAN / WAN your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$56k - $77k
$0 - $5k
$59k - $84k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Network Administrator, LAN / WAN
Network administrators (LAN/WAN) are responsible for maintaining computing environments, identifying system requirements, handling repairs, installing upgrades, and monitoring network operations and efficiency for their organizations. They also confer with end-users and management, set up permissions and workstations, access protocols, perform security upgrades, and patch critical vulnerabilities in network systems. These administrators work with vendors to fine-tune network stability and usefu…Read more
Network Administrator, LAN / WAN Tasks
- Oversee network infrastructure and monitor system reliability and performance.
- Plan and implement network security, set up firewalls, manage host security, apply cryptography to network applications, and regulate file permissions.
- Investigate, recommend, and install enhancements and operating procedures that regulate network availability.
- Support operating capability of networks, both wireless and wired.
- Respond to unplanned events that adversely affect the network or computing environment.
Network Administrator, LAN / WAN Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Network Administrator, LAN / WAN
Skills in Network Management / Administration, Cisco Networking and Windows NT / 2000 / XP Networking are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Microsoft Exchange and Windows Operating System General Use.
Related Job Salaries
$28k - $55k
$53k - $132k
$49k - $104k
$44k - $87k
$33k - $68k
$41k - $81k
$53k - $98k
$38k - $78k
$52k - $107k
$48k - $111k