Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a News Director is $110,000
What Do News Directors Do?
News directors work primarily for television stations and are tasked with providing strategic direction for their staff, including news anchors, journalists, weather forecasters, sports anchors, and others involved in day-to-day news coverage. They are responsible for the on-air execution of their stations' newscasts, as well as managing content delivery and setting budgets for their department, and they are often involved in hiring and negotiating contracts for their departments' …Read more
- Oversee daily operations, including setting schedules and prioritizing stories.
- Enforce ethical standards and monitor news to ensure high quality.
- Evaluate and ensure a broad coverage of news stories to meet strategic goals.
- Conceptualize and evaluate article pitches to direct creation of news stories.
- Hire staff, train them in standards and evaluate their performance.
FAQs About News Directors
What is the highest pay for News Directors in Dallas?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a News Director in Dallas is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for News Directors in Dallas?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a News Director in Dallas is $NaN / year
How can News Directors increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a News Director is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a News Director that oversees more junior News Directors, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.