Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Office Nurse is $25.09
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Office Nurses?
An entry-level Office Nurse with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $20.96 based on 13 salaries. An early career Office Nurse with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $22.88 based on 26 salaries. A mid-career Office …Read more
What Do Office Nurses Do?
An office nurse provides health services to patients within a private practice setting. The nurse will usually carry out the initial questionnaire, along with taking vital signs. Especially when dealing with children, the office nurse may also take height and weight measurements.
The office nurse will work under a doctor’s direction, so it is important to be able to collaborate. The nurse will perform certain procedures, such as inserting IVs and carrying out various tests. The nurse may …Read more
- Assist physician in conducting patient examinations and providing routine treatments. .
- Act as resource for LPN's and other clinical staff on more complex patient issues and assist them on more complicated patient procedures.
- Contact appropriate personnel to order routine supplies, obtain patient medical records and order tests.
- Perform routine patient procedures such as obtaining throat cultures, preparing for and/or providing vaccines, injections, etc.
- Obtain specimens for testing, conduct select routine laboratory tests and record results.