Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Paraeducator is $14.85
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Paraeducators?
An entry-level Paraeducator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.20 based on 42 salaries. An early career Paraeducator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.23 based on 276 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Paraeducators Do?
A paraeducator is a school employee who works in a classroom under a teacher's supervision. This position does not require a specialized degree; a high school diploma (or equivalent) is required, although an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in an educational field is highly recommended. It is also typically required of a person in this position to have plenty of experience working with children.
As this is a classroom position, the hours are traditionally compliant with school hours …Read more
- Assist students with the integration into regular education classroom.
- Assist the teacher with planning and implementation of any type of community based instruction.
- Assist with scoring tests, keeping records and making reports as required by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in the development and implementation of the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist the teacher with the designing of instruction and follow through.