Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Paraeducator (K-12) is $14.26
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Paraeducator (K-12)s?
An entry-level Paraeducator (K-12) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.39 based on 15 salaries. An early career Paraeducator (K-12) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $13.42 based on 33 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Paraeducator (K-12)s Do?
Para-educators (K-12) should have at least an associate's degree and one year of experience working with children who suffer from a variety of learning, behavioral, and medical disabilities. To succeed in this position, they must have a calm and patient demeanor in order to handle a variety of unforeseen circumstances and should also be able to think quickly on their feet.
Para-educators generally assist a primary teacher to maintain a safe and productive learning environment for their …Read more
- Assist students with the integration into regular education classroom.
- Assist the teacher with planning and implementation of any type of community based instruction.
- Assist with scoring tests, keeping records and making reports as required by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in the development and implementation of the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist the teacher with the designing of instruction and follow through.