The average hourly pay for an Early-Career Paraeducator (K-12) is $11.88.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Paraeducator (K-12)s Do?
Para-educators (K-12) should have at least an associate's degree and one year of experience working with children who suffer from a variety of learning, behavioral, and medical disabilities. To succeed in this position, they must have a calm and patient demeanor in order to handle a variety of unforeseen circumstances and should also be able to think quickly on their feet.
Para-educators generally assist a primary teacher to maintain a safe and productive learning environment for their students…Read more
Paraeducator (K-12) Tasks
- Assist students with the integration into regular education classroom.
- Assist the teacher with planning and implementation of any type of community based instruction.
- Assist with scoring tests, keeping records and making reports as required by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in the development and implementation of the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist the teacher with the designing of instruction and follow through.
Paraeducator (K-12) Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Paraeducator (K-12)s?
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Paraeducator (K-12)s?
An entry-level Paraeducator (K-12) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.10 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Paraeducator (K-12) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.84 based on 15 salaries. An experienced Paraeducator (K-12) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.00 based on 33 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $15.
Pay Difference by Location
Years of Experience
This data is based on 77 survey responses.