Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Physician / Doctor, General Practice is $149,208
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Physician / Doctor, General Practices?
An early career Physician / Doctor, General Practice with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $152,000 based on 17 salaries. A mid-career Physician / Doctor, General Practice with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $160,000 based on …Read more
What Do Physician / Doctor, General Practices Do?
The main task of a general practitioner, or general physician, is to diagnose and assist patients with routine checkups and examinations. A general physician is the first person whom patients will see when an illness or ailment is troubling them. Therefore, a physician must be able to complete a number of tasks, including collecting, recording, and maintaining patient information such as medical histories, reports, and examination results. He or she must be able to explain procedures and …Read more
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.