The average salary for a Police Lieutenant in Atlanta, Georgia is $62,400.
Is Police Lieutenant your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$46k - $79k
$42k - $72k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Police Lieutenant
A police lieutenant is a law enforcement officer who typically has a number of supervisory responsibilities within a department. Generally, the lieutenant serves as a shift supervisor and handles scheduling responsibilities for shifts that conform with precinct regulations. These lieutenants oversee proper procedures for booking and holding of arrested persons and are also expected to assure and assist with progress in ongoing investigations. They must be available to assist officers in the stat…Read more
Police Lieutenant Tasks
- Manage, motivate, train, evaluate and discipline team; schedule and prioritize weapons, firearms and other training activities.
- Supervise and participate in the daily care and maintenance of station, supplies, equipment and grounds.
- Direct all aspects of division during emergency, disaster and other crisis events.
- Assist in forecasting and administering budget processes.
- Attend and contribute to department meetings, and aid in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives.
Explore the most common career paths for Police Lieutenant. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Police Lieutenant Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Police Lieutenant in their job title in Los Angeles, California earn an average of 111.5% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (94.2% more) and Chicago, Illinois (65.1% more).