The average salary for a Police Lieutenant in Los Angeles, California is $143,799.
Is Police Lieutenant your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$115k - $167k
$115k - $168k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Police Lieutenant
A police lieutenant is a law enforcement officer who typically has a number of supervisory responsibilities within a department. Generally, the lieutenant serves as a shift supervisor and handles scheduling responsibilities for shifts that conform with precinct regulations. These lieutenants oversee proper procedures for booking and holding of arrested persons and are also expected to assure and assist with progress in ongoing investigations. They must be available to assist officers in the stat…Read more
Police Lieutenant Tasks
- Manage, motivate, train, evaluate and discipline team; schedule and prioritize weapons, firearms and other training activities.
- Supervise and participate in the daily care and maintenance of station, supplies, equipment and grounds.
- Direct all aspects of division during emergency, disaster and other crisis events.
- Assist in forecasting and administering budget processes.
- Attend and contribute to department meetings, and aid in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives.
Police Lieutenant Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Atlanta, Georgia (58.3% less), Cleveland, Ohio (42.0% less) and Houston, Texas (35.3% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.