Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Principal Investigator, Laboratory Research is $103,153
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Principal Investigator, Laboratory Researches?
An entry-level Principal Investigator, Laboratory Research with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $100,000 based on 7 salaries. An early career Principal Investigator, Laboratory Research with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Principal Investigator, Laboratory Researches Do?
Generally, principal investigators of laboratory research take the lead in conducting scientific investigations in controlled environments. They set the parameters of what questions or hypotheses will be explored, and then create the outlines of how the research and investigation will look. The latter, and the execution of experiments, data analysis, and documentation of findings, are typically conducted with input from research and laboratory associates, so some principal investigators also …Read more
- Supervise, coordinate, direct and ensure research is completed on deadline.
- Write and submit grant proposals and secure other funding.
- Write and present reports and papers.
- Serve as point of contact for the laboratory and/or project.
- Oversee and train research assistants on procedures and protocol specific to the project.