Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Principal Scientist is $118,000 in 2023
What Do Principal Scientists Do?
Principal scientists lead scientific teams, conducting research and analyzing results. The goals of this research vary according to the field and industry in which the principal scientists are employed. For example, principal scientists working in commercial manufacturing and other fields within the private sector typically look for ways to improve products or create new products or technologies. Principal scientists n academia seek to build on existing knowledge or technology; their aim is …Read more
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to improve existing products or develop new ones.
- Coordinate with other departmental team leads to produce effective business solutions, and provide updates to project managers.
- Provide technical guidance on area of expertise and respond to internal and external queries.
- Monitor staff performance and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Lead a team of researchers, and coordinate work activity and training sessions.
FAQs About Principal Scientists
What is the highest pay for Principal Scientists in Morris Plains?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Principal Scientist in Morris Plains is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Principal Scientists in Morris Plains?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Principal Scientist in Morris Plains is $NaN / year
How can Principal Scientists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Principal Scientist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Principal Scientist that oversees more junior Principal Scientists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.