Product Line Manager in Austin, Texas Salary
A Product Line Manager in Austin, Texas earns an average salary of $101,736 per year.
Job Description for Product Line Manager
The product line manager manages specific products to ensure that their success is in line with the company's expectations. They strive to increase profitability of existing products, while also helping to develop new products. Product line managers work across all departments of the company, including sales, operations, engineering, marketing, and manufacturing. The product line manager must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with these departments to meet company expectations and consumer demands.Read More...
The product line manager must possess mathematical and analytical abilities to develop pricing models and forecast product profitability. This requires the product line manager to analyze technical, financial, marketing, and sales information for the product line. Using this data, they must prepare product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and product launch strategy. To ensure the success of various product lines, the product line manager must use a combination of marketing data analysis, personal experience, and customer input. The product line manager must stay up to date with market changes and current market perceptions. They must then be able to communicate these results to the executive members of the company, making suggestions on how to better improve current product lines or how the company can enter underdeveloped market segments.
The product line manager typically should have either a bachelor's degree in a technical field such as engineering or business. They also need about 10 years of product development experience. (Copyright 2017 PayScale.com)
Product Line Manager Tasks
- Manage the development cycle for new products, from conceptualization to product launch.
- Provide marketing with information for promoting products, and assist with the development of the marketing strategy.
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competitors to make sure products stay competitive.
- Work with management to develop long term product development and sales strategies for the company.
- Carry out research to determine customer needs and expectations in order to develop new products.
Product Line Manager Job Listings
Key Stats for Product Line Manager