What Do Product Line Managers Do?
The product line manager manages specific products to ensure that their success is in line with the company's expectations. They strive to increase profitability of existing products, while also helping to develop new products. Product line managers work across all departments of the company, including sales, operations, engineering, marketing, and manufacturing. The product line manager must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with these departments to meet company expectations a…Read more
- Manage the development cycle for new products, from conceptualization to product launch.
- Provide marketing with information for promoting products, and assist with the development of the marketing strategy.
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competitors to make sure products stay competitive.
- Work with management to develop long term product development and sales strategies for the company.
- Carry out research to determine customer needs and expectations in order to develop new products.