How much does a Production Control Manager make in Houston, TX?
Job Description for Production Control Manager
Production control managers are employed by companies in several industries, but primarily by supply chain services and manufacturers. Companies prefer applicants who have a bachelor's degree or higher in logistics or supply chain management and at least three years of relevant experience, and prior supervisory or management experience is highly beneficial.Read More...
These managers must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other management software, depending on their company's preferences. The work is carried out in an office, though the manager may be expected to perform quality assurance checks from time to time, which can involve a bit of walking.
The main responsibility of a production control manager is to ensure that the company's products and/or services are kept at a constant rate of production and all inventory levels are managed properly. They may be involved in purchasing inventory and managing schedules, as well, so they must be able to manage their time efficiently. These managers also oversee other supervisory personnel and inform them of goals to be met and areas that need improvement.
Finally, production control managers collaborate with other departments within the company, including customer service or sales, to bring a complete, high-quality product to the client. It is essential that these managers have good communication skills, as they will interact with many, many people on a day-to-day basis. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Production Control Manager Tasks
- Oversee day-to-day production schedules, operational and plant activities.
- Review engineering recommended process changes to ensure process is appropriate with operating goals.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of machines to avoid downtime and delays, ensure production process and machinery are in compliance with customer specifications and professional and safety standards.
- Monitor budget and utilize operational resources, participate in safety program development.
- Manage the selection, training and development of production staff.
Production Control Manager Job Listings
Key Stats for Production Control Manager
Rated 3 out of 5
based on 2 votes.