Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Professional Engineer is $65,005
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Professional Engineers?
An early career Professional Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,714 based on 108 salaries. A mid-career Professional Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $75,444 based on 210 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Professional Engineers Do?
Engineering is a very broad field with hundreds of specific disciplines; some are so different from others that they hardly seem like the same type of job. Though it was once the case that anybody could do engineering work without certification, there are now very strict standards one must meet to become an engineer. Above even this is the professional engineer, whose hard work and exhaustive understanding of engineering entitles him/her to a particular level of recognition as a master of the …Read more
- Utilize software to create engineering drawings, specifications and documentation.
- Work with other teams and clients to deliver quality designs and products.
- Identify, resolve and document problems and coordinate solutions.
- Conduct site surveys, document requirements and work with clients to determine needs.
- Know, utilize and enforce standards, including material tolerances and local codes.