Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Public Health Nurse is $29.47
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Public Health Nurses?
An entry-level Public Health Nurse with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $25.36 based on 21 salaries. An early career Public Health Nurse with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $27.93 based on 94 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Public Health Nurses Do?
A public health nurse holds a specialty position in nursing that is involved less in the day-to-day care of patients and more in education of individuals, families, groups, and communities regarding health and risk factors. The public health nurse typically works for a larger health care provider, or they may work as part of a government agency. They work to not only educate groups about physical and mental health, but also work to identify potential at-risk individuals or groups to reach out …Read more
- Assess patients, make health judgments and suggest treatment plans.
- Visit patients at home to conduct evaluations.
- Provide referrals and connect patients to support services.
- Document interactions, consent and historical data in an electronic record.
- Educate patients and administer treatments.