Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Quality Engineering Manager is $106,976
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Quality Engineering Managers?
An early career Quality Engineering Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $91,012 based on 9 salaries. A mid-career Quality Engineering Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $98,215 based on 36 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Quality Engineering Managers Do?
A quality engineering manager generally works at large companies that manufacture products, ensuring the various departments are working effectively to produce a quality product. This is a leadership position that may require overseeing several quality managers, providing guidance and discipline as necessary. A quality engineering manager works with their team to make sure that effective training programs are in place, and if not, what can be done to improve existing programs. These managers …Read more
- Create and implement strategies to increase quality and customization of products.
- Know and communicate industry and internal standards.
- Analyze data, identify opportunities and disseminate findings.
- Oversee change management and data collection for quality projects.
- Lead investigation into quality problems and quality processes, making recommendations.