The average salary for a Mid-Career Radiation Therapist in New York, New York is $95,424.
Is Radiation Therapist your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$73k - $149k
$0 - $5k
$72k - $147k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Radiation Therapist
A radiation therapist usually works in a hospital or other medical environment and assists an oncologist. The therapist will often provide radiation therapy treatments to patients with cancer. The radiation therapy may also go over various materials, such as CT scans, to help determine where treatment is needed. Graduation from an approved radiation therapy school is required. The therapist should be licensed to practice. The radiation therapist will operate applicable equipment, such as line…Read more
Radiation Therapist Tasks
- Enter data into computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
- Check for side effects such as skin irritation, nausea and hair loss to assess reaction to treatment.
- Check radiation therapy equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Position patient and administer prescribed doses of radiation using radiation therapy equipment.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
Explore the most common career paths for Radiation Therapist. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Radiation Therapist Job Listings
Popular Skills for Radiation Therapist
Pay by Experience Level for Radiation Therapist
An early career Radiation Therapist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $76,778 based on 18 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $0.
Employees with Radiation Therapist in their job title in Los Angeles, California earn an average of 9.1% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Boston, Massachusetts (25.1% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 22 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$11 - $19
$12 - $25
$12 - $22
$12 - $19
$18 - $31
$12 - $21
$25 - $43
$12 - $21
$13 - $25